You will describe how VEX Robotics will benefit your students when writing your grant proposal. The following article provides information you can incorporate into your proposal.
VEX Robotics – The Value
Each funding option will have its own requirements, and there are many options available. It will be beneficial to your application to understand the value of VEX robotics in your classroom, no matter which funding option you choose.
- Education and Training in STEM
- Students will do more than just study STEM topics, they will work as a team and solve problems.
- Learning and Teaching Flexible
- In class labs, after school labs, and online labs are all possible with VEX STEM labs. Teachers can easily incorporate STEM Labs into their lessons with STEM Labs designed to be completed in one class period and aligned to standards.
- Our curriculum is always free
- Students can learn more about robotics through the STEM Labs included with each VEX product. Teacher resources and guidance are provided for each of the STEM Labs. There is no charge for STEM Labs.
- Hands-on from the start
- From day one, students construct robots. Each build will teach students how to follow instructions, work with teams, and integrate spatial reasoning into the process.
- Code now
- With VEXcode, students of all ages can learn to code. VEXcode can be used on any device, whether you’re using block-based or text-based coding. With VEXcode, students can create robots and code them.
- VEX Robotics’ Five Pillars
Students from kindergarten through high school can choose from five robotics solutions offered by VEX Robotics. The 5 Pillars of VEX Robotics are the core concept behind every VEX robotics product, making each a comprehensive experience for students and teachers, as well as a consistent experience when used together.
- Teachers and students can use VEX’s free STEM Labs as comprehensive learning resources.
- Online, self-paced certification courses are always available to teachers for professional development. Aside from PD+, educators have access to VEX Insights, the PD+ Library, and more.
- VEXCode is a coding environment that meets students where they are. Computer Science is a core component of STEM.
- VEX Robotics World Championships are the culmination of classroom competitions, as well as world-class competitions at all levels.
- The Knowledge Base provides users with easy access to nearly 600 articles.
Learning about STEM
Since STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths) is one of the prerequisites for studying educational robotics, it provides a wide range of learning opportunities. In robotics, interdisciplinary approaches are always evident and applicable to students. As students connect concepts from the STEM domains, they gain an understanding and knowledge. Using robotics involves students collaborating, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and innovating, all skills that are crucial for 21st-century learners and professionals.
Curriculum in STEM
Research-based, hands-on VEX STEM Lab Units are designed to encourage collaboration and teamwork as well as align to educational standards. The STEM lab units include activities focused on iteration, engineering design processes, real-world applications, and the development of teamwork and collaboration skills. Through hands-on, minds-on learning, STEM Lab Units encourage students to design creative solutions and innovate. It is possible to use STEM Lab Units in virtually any instructional setting (e.g. in-school, after-school, or camps). The three pillars of the VEX STEM Lab are:
- Promote active learning, immediate hands-on activities, and offer students choice.
- By organising content around measurable, specific learning goals, you can teach for understanding.
- A research-based method for demonstrating competence, building connections, and learning spatial reasoning.
This coding environment works seamlessly with VEX Robotics to provide a coding environment suitable for all ages. In STEM Labs, students learn how to code in Xcode through scaffolded activities so they succeed right away.
- Through the use of text-based programming, VEXcode provides an age-appropriate learning experience.
- With VEXcode, students and educators are supported every step of the way with examples and tutorials.
- Through VEXcode’s easy communication with the robots, creating projects for VEX Robots is seamless.